Perfect rubbing in all diameters
ExclusiveLine HR 500 – reamers
With the HR 500 high-performance reamers you will find the ideal tool solution for all diameters from 2.97 to 76.2 mm. In order to always be able to work with an optimal HR 500 high-performance reamer, various HR 500 reaming tools are available.
- Solid carbide reaming tools up to a diameter of 38.00 mm
- HM and cermet-tipped reamers up to a diameter of 76.2 mm
- Solid carbide reamers for intermediate dimensions and step tools in the HR 500 Active range
The Guhring HR 500 GUSS high-performance reamer is now available as a variant especially for GGG machining. The special tools based on the HR 500 GUSS high-performance reamer offer completely new possibilities for highly efficient reaming of GGG.
Now it is also possible in GGG to achieve surface qualities of less than Ra 1.2. The solid carbide design of the HR 500 GGG gives the power reamer high stability and rigidity against twisting and radial forces. As is usual with the high-performance reamer HR 500, very long tool lives and cutting values are also possible when machining GGG.
The new HR 500 GUSS reamer for GGG machining achieves cutting speeds of 120 to 250 m / min, extremely high feed rates and surface qualities of less than Ra 1.2 – of course with the highest process reliability and high bore quality.
The GGG variant of the HR 500 GUSS reamer achieves these outstanding values thanks to its gray cast iron geometry and the extremely hard Guhring Signum coating. This combination prevents built-up edges and premature round bevel abrasion: The typical wear factors in casting machining are thus averted.
Even with diameters over 40.00 mm, the Guhring HR 500 technology is the first choice for high-performance grinding. Numerous intelligent solutions guarantee the highest cutting values and the best quality, even with large diameters:
Diversity for perfect machining results
The HR 500 GT tool heads are available as a semi-standard range with short delivery times in the diameter range> 40.0 to 76.2 mm in the following material-specific versions:
- HM-tipped with nanoA coating for stainless steels, GGG 60, GG, special alloys and non-ferrous metals
- HM-tipped with Signum coating for high surface quality requirements for GG and GGG 60
- cermet-tipped for steels and GGG 40/50
In addition, we manufacture special tools according to customer-specific specifications on request.
Optimal cooling lubrication
Thanks to the newly developed, patent-pending diverter screw on the front of the HR 500 GT tool heads, the cooling lubricant reaches the cutting edges reliably. It is not possible for the coolant outlets to become blocked by chips. Due to the particularly flat design of the deflection screw, it is possible to machine blind holes right up to the bottom of the hole.
If necessary, the diverter screw can be removed when machining blind holes.
The HR 500 T solid carbide reamer extends the successful solid carbide variant of the HR 500 up to a diameter of 39.1 mm. The short, compact solution ensures economical production. Nevertheless, the versatile possibilities of the HR 500 can be used.
Thanks to the universal HA shaft, the HR 500 T can be flexibly combined with standard chucks and numerous extensions, making it flexible and adjustable. This essential advantage means that expensive special recordings are not necessary. This enables inexpensive and very high quality friction machining.
An overview of your advantages
- High-performance reamer ensures particularly economical production
- Flexible shooting options thanks to HA shaft
- Easy extension with shrink extension or hydraulic chuck
- Execution as universal variant, cast iron or aluminum variant
- the standard version for universal use is coated with NanoA
- the cast variant with Signum coating for use in GG and GGG is offered as a special solution
- With the carbo-coated special solution for use in aluminum, aluminum wrought alloys or AlSi cast alloys can be processed
- The HR 500 T reamer can be combined with a variety of extensions for use with large grating depths and for easy bridging of interfering edges.
- Wherever a slim mount is required and cannot be shrunk, Guhring offers the new hydraulic chuck from clamping Ø 10 mm
- Thanks to the standardized shank according to DIN 6535-HA, the HR 500 T reamer can be accommodated in conventional hydraulic expansion chucks, shrink chucks or other precisely rotating chucks with short reaming depths. The HR 500 T is individually adjustable.